The 25th Annual Summer Undergraduate Research Forum (SURF) is pleased to showcase the numerous undergraduate students who have engaged in summer research projects this year at institutions throughout the LSU System.
SURF participants represent programs, including:
- NASA Planetary Geology and Geophysics Undergraduate Research Program, (PGGURP)
- Chemical Engineering (CHE REU)
- Consortium of Innovation in Manufacturing and Materials (CIMM REU)
- COTEL: A NASA Space Grant USIP Project
- Interdisciplinary Research Experience in Computational Sciences (CCT REU)
- Louisiana Biomedical Research Network (LBRN)
- LSU Discover (Discover)
- McNair Research Scholar Program (McNair)
- Office of Strategic Initiatives Research Experiences for Undergraduate (OSI REU)
- Physics & Astronomy Research Experiences for Undergraduate (P&A REU)
- Smart Polymer Composite Materials and Structures REU (SMART)
- and Individual student researchers in various laboratories across LSU
When & Where
SURF is being held at the LSU Student Union - Royal Cotillion Ballroom on July 26, 2019
310 LSU Student Union, Baton Rouge, LA 70803
- Registration Deadline: July 19, 2019 **Registration Link below**
Undergraduate student posters should be setup from 9:00 AM – 12:30 PM on Friday, July 26, 2019, and may be dismantled after 4:00 PM.
Students will be present at their posters to discuss their project with guests, colleagues and faculty between 1:00-4:00 PM on the day of the presentation. All students must attend the poster session. Refreshments will be served throughout the presentation. Please invite family and friends to this event.
Your SURF poster will be assigned a Board Number and will be alphabetical by first author, which should be the student presenter(s). This will be your space both in the physical poster set up and in the published program. The program will list: student name, university affiliation and student program (in parentheses), contributing authors and affiliations, and poster title.
- Your poster size must be no larger than 3 ft. tall x 4 ft. wide (36 in. tall x 48 in. wide).
- You must attach your poster panels with Velcro hooks. No tape or push pins will be allowed.
- Register your poster by Friday, July 19, 2019 **DEADLINE**
- Velcro will be provided for you.
- Please be sure to register, get a program, your name tag, and Velcro for your assigned poster board. If you are sharing a poster with another student, each student should register separately (with the same title)- there is a place in the form to indicate you are sharing a poster and with whom you are sharing. This way you will each get listed in the program appropriately.
- Please check the program for your name and the listed assigned number for your poster board.
- If you have special requirements, please contact your program coordinator as soon as possible to make arrangements with the SURF Committee.
- Posters typically contain sections such as an Introduction, along with methodological details, Results, Interpretation of results, and Conclusion
- work with your mentor and/or other laboratory personnel as you design your poster.
- Everything on your poster should be clearly visible from 10 ft.
- A reader should be able to understand your poster with no additional information except what appears on the poster.
- Maintain a good balance between written material and visual demonstration of the scientific points you wish to make.