INBRE Full Project PIs and Pilot Project PIs, 2018 LBRN Summer Faculty, Graduate and Undergraduate Students, INBRE funded students, and other biomedical researchers in the state are required or invited (as appropriate) to submit an abstract to participate in the LBRN Poster Session beginning on Friday, January 18, 2019.
- Velcro hooks, placed on the back of the poster, are needed for poster display setup - they will be provided at registration.
- Poster size may be up to 4 ft wide X 4 ft. tall.
- Abstracts for the poster presentations will be printed in the program.
- The poster abstract cannot exceed 2000 characters.
- Please avoid using scientific notation and special characters in your abstract.
- The abstract submission form will be emailed to you after your event registration has been completed.
Selected LBRN INBRE Project PIs are required to submit an abstract for his/her research presentation. The oral presentation abstract submission form is emailed to Full Project PI's (make sure to select proper title! in registration form!). The abstract cannot exceed 2000 characters. Abstracts for research presentations will be printed in the LBRN 17th Annual Meeting Program.
Deadline for all the Full Project oral presentation abstract submissions is January 11, 2019. The link is emailed with the online event registration. If you did not receive it, contact John Quebedeaux.
Oral Research Presenter Guidelines
Below are the details for your oral presentations (please see the agenda for the assigned time) at the Annual Meeting on either Friday 18th or Saturday the 19th. The Full project PI's are invited to give a 20 minute presentation highlighting the progress of their LBRN research project during the past year. As indicated, in the suggested presentation outline below, this presentation is different from a presentation normally made at a research meeting and must be designed to summarize your project and what has been acomplished during the past summer. After the presentations, the Full Project PI's will have an opportunity to meet with the LBRN EAC regarding their research project.
The research presentation should include the following:
Project Title (1 Slide)
- Name and Institution
- Name and Institution
Goals (1-2 Slides)
Hypotheses (1 Slide)
Summary: Experimental Approach/Results (2-3 Slides)
Impediments & Solutions (1 Slide)
Did you encounter any impediments in accomplishing your project? If so, what steps did you take to overcome this?
Next Steps (1-2 Slides)
Project progress (1 Slide)
Summarize measurable accomplishments such as papers, abstracts, grants submitted or funded, and students trained.
Address how does this fit within the overall time line for the project.
Future (optional slides)
How your project will lead into the area of Clinical Translational Research and Community Based Participatory Research?
Acknowledgements (1 slide)
In order for us to be on schedule, we ask that you do not exceed the number of slides listed or the time allotted for your presentation since you will need time for questions and answers.
- Note the type of platform and file type you are sending (i.e. Windows/Powerpoint, OS X (Mac)/Powerpoint, OS X (Mac)/Keynote, etc.)
- Include any images/movies/etc. into the presentation file (i.e. make sure they are embedded if you referenced external files).
- Use the standard typefaces on your system. We will be using a single laptop to do all the presentations in the interest of saving time for the presentations.
- The deadline to have the slides is Thursday, January 17, 2019.
- An emailed link will be provided to upload your presentation.
Sample templates for the oral presentation can be found HERE
If you have any questions, please contact Ms. Alexis White, email@example.com.