Scientific computing is becoming more ubiquitous for all types of research areas. Skills and knowledge that are necessary to take full advantage of the power of computing, however, are often inadequately present in both curricular and extracurricular training. The purpose of this workshop is, by both presentation and hands-on experiences, to help attendants understand the usage of popular scientific computing programming tools and prepare for their future computational study and research career.
Schedule (All sessions below include a hands-on session)
- May 24: Overview and Introduction to R
- May 25: Intermediate R
- May 26: Introduction to Python
- May 27: Intermediate Python
- May 30: Introduction to Deep Learning, Part 1
- May 31: Introduction to Deep Learning, Part 2