April 27, 2021: Following months of sustained improvement in COVID hospitalizations and an increase in the supply and availability of vaccines, Gov. John Bel Edwards announced that some mitigation measures will be eased and, starting Wednesday, April 28, the statewide mask mandate will be lifted.. See Governer’s statement for more information:
LBRN is based at Louisiana State University in Baton Rouge with administrative staff at LSU School of Veterinary Medicine and the LSU Center for Computation & Technology. We shifted to working remotely on March 17th, 2020 and continue to handle the day to day activities of the grant - some of us have returned to the office as needed since then. Any announcements regarding our activities will come out as needed. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to drop us a note at LBRN E-mail if you are not already in touch with us directly.
For Coronavirus (COVID-19) information please check your local administrative websites accordingly. You can also check on information here:
• NIH Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information - subscribe for updates
• CDC Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information
• Louisiana Governor COVID Information
• Louisiana Department of Health Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information
• LSU Coronavirus Updates and Information
• LSU School of Veterinary Medicine Coronavirus Updates
• COVID-19 Resources Published by Cleveland Clinic
Please take precautions to avoid spreading the virus to the high risk population. Continue to listen to your local and state officials, college and university directives, and make sure you’re in touch with your immediate supervisors, etc. to keep track of updates and what you should be doing at this time.